Overview of Golf Teaching Professional Certification Levels
It is not necessary to attend Levels I and II prior to Level III Full Certification.
The Level I and II courses are provided as an option to make it more
convenient to progress in the industry comfortably at your own pace.
- Two-day introductory certification course.
- Entry level into the golf teaching profession.
- Participants learn basic techniques for teaching the golf swing.
- Participants also receive instruction on their own golf swings.
- Entry-level members are able to effectively teach the beginning or novice player
For a complete schedule of Level I Courses available, please click here.
|The United States Golf Teachers Federation offers two options to obtain Level I membership status. You may attend the 2-day introductory course in person, which is recommended due to the fact that teaching golf is a people/personality industry or you may elect to achieve the Level I status online through our Home Study Course. If you wish to attend the the USGTF Level I Certification course in person, please click here. If you wish to learn more about the USGTF Level I Certification Online Home Study Course, please click here…
- Four-day certification course
- In addition to learning basic techniques for teaching the golf swing, participants will cover more in-depth topics including: faults & cures, complete short game, video analysis, marketing, rules & clubfitting.
For a complete schedule of Level II Courses available, please click here.
- One-week certification course
- Includes all of the above, plus the Playing Ability Test and closing award ceremony and dinner. For your convenience, this will take place upon completion of the final round of the P.A.T.
- Recognized as the standard for international golf teaching professionals.
- Fully certified members enjoy all the rights and privileges of USGTF membership including participation in the US Golf Teachers Cup® and the World Golf Teachers Cup®.
For a complete schedule of Level III Courses available, please click here.
- To attend the Level IV Masters Certification course, one must be a fully certified member in good standing for a minimum of one year.
- Three-day certification course
- Designed to develop experienced, career-oriented teaching professionals.
- Level IV members may become USGTF examiners.
- This card reflects the highest level of certification in the organization.
For a complete schedule of Level IV Courses available, please click here.