Level IV – USGTF Master Golf Teaching Professional® Certification
|Level IV Rate
|$655.00 per person
Rates includes: Daily green & cart usage, daily range balls, all course materials, instruction and all taxes.
- Level IV members may become USGTF Examiners.
- Designed to develop experienced, career-oriented teaching professionals.
- This card reflects the highest level of certification in the golf teaching industry.REQUIREMENTS TO ACHIEVE LEVEL IV CERTIFICATION
- Attend the Level IV three day certification course.
- To attend the Level IV Course, one must be a fully certified Level III member in good standing for a minimum of one year.
- Playing Ability Test Requirements can now be conducted at your home course. Scorecards can be sent to the USGTF National Office. Please scroll further to view exact PAT requirements for various age groups.
- Candidates may choose to either provide a 15-minute DVD of themselves giving a lesson, or (preferably) give a presentation on a written thesis that lasts approximately 20 minutes. The DVD must have clear audio.DVD PresentationThe DVD should have an opening segment consisting of a brief student interview, observation of the student, detection and correction of the main problem, and closing segment making sure the student understands the instructions. A DVD that shows the candidate merely teaching the basics to a beginner will not be accepted. The student must be someone who is a better-than-average player (14 handicap or below). Thesis PresentationThe thesis presentation must include information that is above and beyond what was taught in Level III. The material should either be original, unique or well-researched.
- Onsite demonstration of various golf shots. Participants must be able to perform the following:hit a fade, draw, low shot, high shot, chip shot, pitch shot, etc.
The Level IV Playing Ability Test is to be completed prior to attending the Level IV course.
The Level IV Playing Ability Test is scored this way:
Under age 50: Two rounds of 79 or less, totaling 158.
Age 50-59: Two rounds of 80 or less, totaling 160.
Age 60-69: Two rounds of 82 or less, totaling 164.
Age 70 and up: Two rounds of 84 or less, totaling 168.
Under age 50: Two rounds of 83 or less, totaling 166
Age 50-59: Two rounds of 84 or less, totaling 168
Age 60+: Two rounds of 86 or less, totaling 172
A Level IV Master Golf Teaching Professional is one who has successfully completed the Level IV Masters Certification Course and met with all USGTF criteria in the playing, written, and teaching aspects of the organization.
2014 Level IV Certification Course Dates
September 8-10, 2014 November 24-26, 2014
Port St. Lucie, Florida Phoenix, Arizona
Holiday Inn – Pt. St. Lucie Foothills Golf Club