USGTF Master Golf Teaching Professional® Certification – $655.00
A USGTF Master Golf Teaching Professional® certification is the highest level of attainment in the golf teaching industry. Master Golf Teaching Professionals have demonstrated a teaching acumen and ability of the highest order. All USGTF members who have been a Certified Golf Teaching Professional® for a minimum of twelve months may become a Master Golf Teaching Professional.
This three-day on-site course is designed to develop experienced, career-oriented teaching professionals, and is held in the fall, one on the east coast and one on the west coast.
To become a Master Golf Teaching Professional, you must:
- Successfully complete the Playing Ability Test requirements, which are four strokes lower per round than what was required to become a Certified Golf Teaching Professional®. Candidates who did not meet this requirement originally at the on-site Playing Ability Test may complete this requirement by submitting two attested scorecards to the USGTF National Office prior to attending the course.
- Provide a 15-minute DVD of yourself giving a lesson, or (preferably) give a presentation on a written thesis that lasts approximately 20 minutes. The DVD must have clear audio. The DVD should have an opening segment consisting of a brief student interview, observation of the student, detection and correction of the main problem, and closing segment making sure the student understands the instructions. A DVD that shows the candidate merely teaching the basics to a beginner will not be accepted. The student must be someone who is a better-than-average player (14 handicap or below).
- Instead of providing a DVD, a candidate may present a thesis. The thesis presentation must include information that is above and beyond what was taught at the Certified Golf Teaching Professional course. The material should either be original, unique or well-researched.
- Be able to perform the following in a shotmaking demonstration: Fade, draw, slice, hook, low shot, high shot, straight shot, chip shot, pitch shot, and putt.
- Successfully pass a 40-question written teaching test (70% required).
2015 Master Golf Teaching Professional® Certification Course Dates
September 7-9, 2015
Port St. Lucie, Florida
Holiday Inn – PSL
November 21-23, 2015
Foothills Golf Club
The cost for this course is $655.00 and includes: Daily green & cart usage, daily range balls, all course materials, instruction, banquet dinner and all taxes. Please begin your purchase by clicking the “Purchase Certification Course” button below. Your transaction will be conducted securely, and will allow for payments with a Paypal account, or by the credit card of your choice.